Home|Health|5 Health Benefits of Using a Glucose Monitoring System
5 Health Benefits of Using a Glucose Monitoring System
It can be difficult to live with diabetes. It requires you to constantly check your blood sugar. You also have to watch what you eat. You have to keep your blood sugar within a healthy range in order to avoid complications. The good news is that modern technology can make it a lot easier for you to manage your blood sugar. There are several reasons that you can benefit from using a glucose monitoring system:
1. Immediate confirmation of hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia Many diabetes constantly switch from a state of hyperglycemia to hypoglycemia. Hyperglycemia is when your blood sugar is too high. Hypoglycemia is when your blood sugar is too low. Both of those conditions can cause complications. Dexcom continuous glucose monitoring will immediately tell you whether your blood sugar is too high or too low. You will be able to either take your medication or get something to eat in order to stabilize your blood sugar.
2. Freedom from fingerstick testing The constant fingersticks can be frustrating. They can also be painful. Continuous blood sugar monitoring eliminates the need for constant fingersticks. The system can use sensors to monitor your blood sugar. It will be a lot easier to monitor your blood sugar. Not only is this a painless way to keep a watch on your blood sugar, but it will also help you save a lot of time.
3. Real-time testing The continuous blood sugar monitoring system can measure your blood sugar every five to 10 minutes. This will provide you with real time testing. It will be easy for you to look for trends in your blood sugar. It will also be easier for your health care provider to give you the best treatment plan. They will be able to see how your body responds to different treatments.
4. Improved quality of life You may be worried about the type of life that you will have as a diabetic. The good news is that you can improve your quality of life by monitoring your blood sugar. In fact, you can live a normal life if you keep your blood sugar in check. Continuous glucose monitoring helps improve your quality of life by helping you keep your blood sugar within a healthy range. You won’t have to miss out on the things that you love doing.
5. Saves lives Not only can a glucose monitoring system improve the quality of your life, but it may also save your life. Many people do not realize that they are having a diabetic emergency until they have serious symptoms. You will get an alert when your blood sugar is too low or too high. This will allow you to react before you have a life-threatening emergency.